
Slaithwaite Equitable Industrial Society 1858 – 1908. The Slaithwaite Equitable Industrial Society was later to grow into the Slaithwaite & District Co-operative Society Limited. The Slaithwaite Equitable Industrial Society No.2 Branch at Bolster Moor opened for trading in 1875, with 5 staff. It started selling basic provisions but grew to sell, flour & pulses. A butchery opened in a small lean-to building. Later the Boot, Shoe & Clogging Department opened followed by a small Drapery, Dressmaking & Millinery Department. The building now houses the Golcar Lily public house.